If you are suddenly smelling a strong bleach odor in your home, a likely culprit is a chlorine gas leak caused by the accidental mixture of chemicals. When chlorine gas escapes into the air of your home, you may be exposed through inhalation or skin and eye contact which can be harmful.
An electrical fire has a distinct burning copper or metal smell to it. You may also smell burning rubber mixed with plastic. This is no laughing matter as it means something has been overloaded. If you are smelling something strange in your house, it could be an electrical fire in your outlet or device.