With fermentation, there is a possibility of creating a small amount of alcohol during the process. But it vapors away or turns into vinegar in time. In the end, there is no alcohol in kimchi or any fermented food, under normal circumstances.
That's mold, and you should discard it. Kimchi keeps forever (well, years) if and only if it's not exposed to air, meaning there's always enough liquid in the pot to cover the cabbage. If you have bits poking up into the air and you leave them there for days/weeks, they'll dry out and start growing mold.