Beer Info FAQ

Are hop leaves poisonous?

Are hop leaves poisonous?

The hops plant has been found to be extremely poisonous to dogs. Although the exact mechanism of toxicity has not been identified, all versions of the plant seem to be toxic, sometimes even in small doses. Instances of poisoning have become more common with the increased popularity of home brewing.

Can dogs drink beer safely?

While it might seem harmless to let your dog take the tiniest sip of your wine, beer or mixed drink, the bottom line is that it's never OK to let your dog drink alcohol. It's never acceptable to put his health at risk, no matter how amusing it may seem at the moment.